Barnes&Noble releases Nook Color eReader Firmware Update v1.2.0; available for Download now
Nook Color eReader from Barnes and Nobles is very exciting eReader available in the Market, day by day getting more features to the eReader via Updates and becoming almost like Tablet and functions so. to day the Company has rolled a new update that brings so many new features to the Nook Color eReader.
The Firmware update v1.2.0 will bring ook Email, Nook apps, and a better web user experience and also features access to enhanced books and Nook Kids and Play Titles as well.
According to the Company the firmware update will be available via WiFi beginning today, when the update is available the Device that is registered will detect the update and automatically download it if the eReader is connected to WiFI. There is no need of further action to get it done. If you want it right now just do it manually . to od it follow the Instruction below
Manual Download Instructions
1. From your computer, click here for the software update file. SelectSave and select Desktop as the location. Do NOT modify or change the downloaded file’s name in any way. Do NOT open the *.ZIP file.
2. Tap Settings on your NOOK Color’s Quick Nav Bar, then tap Device Info and make sure your NOOK Color battery charge is at 20% or more.
3. Connect your NOOK Color to your computer using the USB cable that came with your NOOK Color. A new, removable drive should show up in My Computer (Mac users will see the NOOK Color drive appear on the desktop or in devices). You should also see a “USB Mode” message on your NOOK Color screen.
4. From your computer, drag and drop the downloaded *.ZIP file onto the main directory of the NOOK Color drive. Do NOT unzip the file. You should not create a new folder on the NOOK Color drive or add the file to any other existing folder.
5. Eject or Safely Remove the NOOK Color drive after the file transfer is complete.
6. Your NOOK Color will automatically recognize the file after a few minutes or when it goes to sleep mode, and proceed to install the updates.
7. Please do not turn off your NOOK Color during the installation process.
8. Once the installation is completed, your NOOK Color will automatically restart and go to the Home screen.
9. On the bottom left status bar a green “n” will appear. Tap on it; the software has been successfully updated.
NOOK Color must remain turned on while the update is being installed. Once the software is installed, NOOK Color will reboot itself back to the Home screen. To verify you have the latest update, tap Settings from the Quick Nav Bar, tap Device Info, then tap About Your NOOK Color and check to see that your software version is 1.2.0.