Samsung Series 9 Laptop Review, Specs, Price – Pre-order starts for NP900X1A 11.6-inch Model in Amazon
The Samsung Series 9 notebooks have impressed a lot of people with ultra-elegant design and high specs. The ultra-sexy Samsung 9 Series laptop has just hit Amazon with a price tag of $1,149 for the 11.6-inch model, slightly lesser than the recommended retail price of $1,200.
Samsung’s new official product page shows this 11.6-inch model sharing the same design features as the 13.3-inch Series 9, with a few key differences. The 11.6-inch model has a Core i3 (rather than i5) processor, 64GB (rather than 128GB) SSD, and, rather disappointingly, maxes out at 2GB of memory. In return, though, the Series 9 11.6-inch model sheds some weight (2.31 pounds vs. 2.88 pounds) and a little more than an inch in width and diameter – making the super slim laptop even more portable. With an $1199.99 MSRP (pre-order and shave $50), the more compact model is also $400 cheaper.
Samsung’s new multi-touch clickpad is stylish, user-friendly and convenient. It features a glass coating and image sensor, which means no more cursors disappearing or jumping around on the screen. This intelligent multi-touch gesture pad, which is located in the center of the palm rest, features 21 types of gesture support such as pinch, swipe, and rotate, and also has advanced 3D image sensing for intuitive navigation.
- 11.6-inch LED-backlit widescreen display with 1366 x 768 resolution and 340-nit high brightness.
- 1.33 GHz ultra-low voltage Intel Core i3-380UM dual-core processor for a fast, responsive PC experience (3 MB L3 cache).
- 64 GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
- 2 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (maximum capacity)
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 delivers built-in performance for casual and mainstream gaming with no extra graphics hardware needed.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking capability provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It’s also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers).
- 4G WiMAX network connectivity (requires WiMAX mobile broadband subscription and available coverage; additional charges apply).
- Intel Wireless Display capabilities, enables you to easily stream videos, photos and music from your hard drive, home network, or the internet straight to your HDTV–easily and wirelessly.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity provides faster throughput while minimizing on power requirements. It’s compatible with new Bluetooth 3.0-enabled devices as well as backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as printers and cell phones.
- 1.3-megapixel HD webcam
- Built-in stereo speakers (1.5 W x 2) with HD Audio
- Up to 7 hours of battery life
- Weight: 2.31 pounds
- Dimensions: 11.7 x 7.8 x 0.65 inches (WxDxH)
- Warranty: 3-year international warranty, 24/7 US-based tech support, and two way free standard shipping.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion:
- 3 USB 2.0 ports (1 chargeable)
- HDMI high-definition audio/video output allows a single cable to transmit uncompressed high-definition video to your compatible digital TV or external monitor.
- Microphone input port plus headphone output jack
- MicroSD memory card reader
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
The Samsung 9 Series laptop is available for pre-order from Amazon but the retailer has been careful not to reveal a release date just yet. Pre-order it from Amazon here for $1,149.