Klipsch LightSpeaker System 5.2.2 Wireless Sound System – Review, Specs, Price
Klipsch LightSpeaker System 5.2.2 is a wireless audio system, which combines stereo speakers and power saving LED lamps in one single device in the form of light bulbs. Crystal-clear sound is provided by a full-featured 2.5-inch drivers working in tandem with high-fidelity amplifier power 20 Watt.
Wireless speaker system installs in minutes like a ceiling light bulb and allows enjoyment of music anywhere while saving energy & money. Winner of a 2010 Consumer Electronics Show CES Innovations Award, the Klipsch LightSpeaker is the first product to combine efficient LED lighting and wireless ambient sound into a single unit that installs like a light bulb.
The LightSpeaker is the only multi-room music system that pays for itself in five years. Imagine the money you’ll save by not hiring a custom installer, not purchasing separate audio components and not wasting precious energy.
Brilliant LED Light from a Home Audio Speaker
The LightSpeaker’s fully dimmable LED bulb is rated for 40,000 hours of use, meaning it could last 15 years or more. It also reduces daily lighting expenses by 80%, using just 10 watts to produce light that’s bright enough to replace up to a 65 watt bulb. Unlike incandescent bulbs, LED light bulbs contain no mercury or halogen gases and produce almost no heat.
Full-Range Sound Performance
The full-range speaker uses a 20 watt high-performance, low-distortion digital amplifier to deliver energy efficient sound. Furthermore, the 2.5-inch wide dispersion driver uses digital signal processing to optimize high- and low-frequency output for a full spectrum of sound.
Simple Multi-Room Music
If you have a light fixture with an Edison socket, you can add brilliant light and ambient music to your kitchen, living room, master bath, or even your garage in mere minutes. It’s also a great hidden multi-room music solution for apartment dwellers and home renters who can’t retrofit or wire their living spaces. Best of all, the system easily uninstalls if you decide to move.
In order to deliver music wirelessly throughout your home, the LightSpeaker relies on a standalone transmitter. A music source, such as a laptop, iPod, TV or home stereo system, connects to the transmitter and it wirelessly sends the sound to the LightSpeaker. Up to 8 LightSpeakers work in a single system, providing stereo sound in multiple rooms. The transmitter uses proprietary 2.4GHz wireless technology to stream audio up to 50 feet in any direction. It can accept two different music sources, allowing you to establish two separate listening zones in your home.
Installs in 10 Steps or Less
The LightSpeaker is truly a do-it-yourself product. It installs like a light bulb and fits perfectly in 5- and 6-inch recessed can lighting fixtures with a standard Edison socket. There’s no wiring, no retrofitting, no software–it’s so easy anyone can do it. Once installed, the LightSpeaker looks like any other recessed light bulb, so no one will ever see the speaker and be able to tell where the music is coming from.
What’s in the Box
This package contains two LightSpeakers, a wireless transmitter, an RF remote control, two AAA batteries, one transmitter power supply, one 3.5mm mini jack to stereo RCA cable, two lenses, four trim rings (2 small, 2 large), an owner’s manual, and a quick set-up guide.
- Frequency Response: 90Hz-20kHz +/- 3dB
- Maximum Acoustic Output: 93 dB
- Drive Components: 2.5″ Micro Cellulose Polymer cone with integrated high frequency disperser
- Amplifier: 20 watt digital amplifier with Digital Signal Processing
- Transmitter: 2.4 GHz wireless transmission of 2 sources to 2 independent zones
- Transmitter Controls: Zone 1, Zone 2, Source 1, Source 2, Volume up/down, Mute, Light Dimming up/down, Light on/off, Power on/off
- Transmitter Inputs: 1 right/left line level or 3.5 mm stereo line level for each source (2), DC input
- LED Light: 10 watt long life LED, 40,000 hours rated (replace up to a 65 watt incandescent), fully dimmable and controlled from either the remote or the light buttons on the transmitter
- Overall Width: 5.1” (130.0 mm) diameter – without flange
- Overall Depth: 7.1” (181.0 mm) – with socket and lens
- Dimensions: Transmitter 5.9” (151.0 mm) W x 7.0” (177.0 mm) L x 2.4” (60.0 mm) H Remote: 2” (52.0 mm) W x 5.1” (130.0 mm) L x 1.2” (30.0mm)
- Weight: 2.51 lbs (1.14 kg)
Now you can buy it from Amazon here.