Panasonic Toughbook S10 Laptop with 12.5 Hour Battery unveiled; Specs, Price and expected Release
Panasonic has a new addition to its Toughbook lineup named Toughbook S10, coming with lightweight and unique design along with integrated DVD drive. The machine is very portable and the DVD drive is something that we often don’t see in this size range. The notebook is also rugged enough.
The Panasonic S10 powered by a 2.5GHz Intel Core i5-2520M processor for smarter performance also features 12.1-inch screen with 1280 x 800 resolution and LED backlit, 320GB HDD at 5400rpm, optional 4-8GB of RAM, USB 3.0and anti-glare treatment to the screen. The laptop is running on Windows 7 Pro 32 or 62 bit and the battery is promised to last up to 12.5 hours.
The connectivity includes optional 3G connectivity, WiFi and Bluetooth standard and ports are HDMI, VGA a USB 2.0 socket, support for SDXC cards. The device has the necessary security features like TPM, Computrace theft protection agent in BIOS and more for business users. The laptop case is made of magnesium alloy. According to Panasonic, the Toughbook S10 is expected to hit the Market in US in September for a starting price of $2,449.
Panasonic Toughbook S10: Select Features and Specifications
- Genuine Windows 7 Professional (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Intel Core™ i5-2520M vPro™ Processor (2.5GHz)
- Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
- Intel Smart Cache 3MB
- 320GB 5400rpm shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive
- 4-8GB RAM
- 12.1″ widescreen WXGA (1280 x 800) LCD display with LED backlighting
- Anti-glare screen treatment
- 12.5 hours of battery life with standard battery (MobileMark 2007)
- 3.0 lbs.
- DVD drive
- HDMI and VGA video outputs
- Magnesium alloy case
- 30″ operating drop (to base only)
- 26 sides 12″ drop (non-operating)
- 220 lb compression-resistant
- Spill-resistant keyboard/touchpad (protects against 6 ounce spills)
- Embedded Connectivity
- Optional Gobi™2000 3G mobile broadband
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 802.11a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth® v2.1 + EDR (class 2)
- Integrated Security Features
- o Cable lock slot
- o Trusted platform module (TPM) security chip v.1.2
- o Computrace theft protection agent in BIOS®
- o Intel Anti-Theft technology
- o Optional fingerprint reader
- 11.1″ (H) x 8.3″ (W) x 0.9-1.5″ (D)