Samsung Galaxy S II for AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile announced; Price, Specs and Release Date of Sprint Variant revealed
Samsung has finally announced the its most awaited Android Smartphone, the Galaxy S II at the event as we reported early. The details of the three variants of Galaxy S II for AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile are already leaked a little including images early, with these official announcement, we now have an idea about the release too.
You may have already known about it. Anyway, let’s take a look at the specs for US versions. The device powered by Samsung Exynos™ 1.2GHz dual-core processor features Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread as os, 8MP, rear camera w/auto-focus and flash that is capable of capturing 1080p videos and 2MP of front camera.
For connectivity the device also features HDMI out, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0 and microSD card slot.
Other features include
- Voice Talk by Vlingo™ for voice commands including: voice dial, text message, navigation, music, web browsing and search
- Task Manager to view and close the applications and to check on memory usage via the Task Manager widget
- Screenshot feature by pressing the power button and the home key simultaneously (something Apple will surely consider suing over)
- Samsung’s TouchWiz user interface with multitasking and customization for an enhanced visual and intuitive smartphone experience.
- Motion UX, 6-axis gyroscope, proximity, light, noise
- Enterprise functionality including hardware-based encryption, SSL VPN support and Microsoft Exchange Activesync integration
The devices also differ a little each other when it comes to display and other some features, Sprint variant of SII namely Epic Touch 4G and T-Mobiles version have a 4.52″ super AMOLED Plus display. Sprint’s device has 1800 mAH battery for power. the device supports 3G/4G mobile hotspot. The Epic Touch 4G will be released on September 16th for $199.
On the other hand, the AT&T variant has 4.3″ same display and a 1650 mAh battery and will support 4G – HSPA+. Price and release date of AT&T and T-mobile variant are not available, but we hope it will be revealed soon. so just stay tuned till then.