Verizon to release 2.3 Gingerbread Update for 7″ Galaxy Tab soon
Sprint made it months ago, but of course better later than never, Verizon has announced that they will roll out Gingerbread update for the original Galaxy Tab on its network. It’s a glad news for those who have been waiting for such moment that gives more interesting experience on the original 7 inch Android tablet.
According to Verizon, the update is “Coming soon” and it hasn’t announced when the update will be rolled out. The Update wi bring the following improvements for your tablet:
- Improved security for the PIN method. When using the PIN, the device will no longer request a symbol as a numeric entry
- Improved word selection and copy functionality
- A ‘View Data Plan’ icon so that users can adjust their plans accordingly
- Verizon Data Service feature will allow users to see how much data they have used so that they won’t go over
- A new download manager app
- The ability to use the front-facing camera as a camcorder
- Widgets will resize to reflect landscape and portrait mode more accurately
- Support for Verizon Pay As You Go prepaid plans
- Google security patches
Many of the Android users will be in thrill of their anticipated ICS update for their devices even though it’s not sure if the Galaxy Tab original will get it in the future. At the very least Samsung Galaxy Tab owners on Verizon will have Gingerbread 2.3.5.the update size is 69.7MB ad may take approximately 7-10 minutes to download it. We hope that it will not take a further long time to release the update, so keep an eye on your device for the notification of the update or make a try going to “Home” >”Applications” > “Settings” > “About Device” > “System updates”. If you get the update, please let us know your experience with new OS on the tablet.