LG Optimus Black 2.3 Gingerbread Update released
Finally promise by LG has co me true, the company has started rolling out the anticipated Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the LG Optimus Black, though the only users in India and Europe are reported to be getting the update. While many Android devices are about to taste the Android ICS update, it would be bad if LG didn’t provide at least Gingerbread for the Smartphone and ICS update will be coming soon for the device.
The update will take the Smartphone to Android 2.3.4 version, oddly this is a version prior to to latest Gingerbread 2.3.7 with minor changes though. So You won’t miss a lot from the latest version and it is better than not getting anything.
According to LG, the update to the Gingerbread will bring following improvements for your device:
- Improved power management
- Enhanced mobile gaming experience
- Improved UI to enable faster access and control and a more intuitive user experience
- One-touch word selection and copy/paste:
- Better Download management
- Support for new media formats such as AAC, AVC, MPEG 4 and H.263
- New features and other improvements: active app management, shortcuts, widgets, icons, app groups, updated calendar options, camera geotagging, better email synching and more precise camera auto-focus.
- App updates and pre-loaded Google+ app
If you have got your LG Optimus Black updated to the Gingerbread 2.4, leave your experience in the box and others will have to wait for the update a bit longer.