How to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8 Pro
Windows users may be in confusion if they should upgrade their system from Windows 7 to Windows 8. There are only hours for the most anticipated Windows 8 launch, it is a matter of time and boom it will hit the market. Certainly there are many who find the Windows 8 more sophisticated and intriguing, many desktop users may feel confused at the first time though. Anyway, in my opinion, it is better to upgrade to the new versions, years pass and we need a change as well as the platform we use.
Microsoft has managed to add many interesting features to the new platform. One of the main changes is its UI, a complete tile based Metro or “Modern UI” and it is a quite touch-friendly, well-designed seeing the future and simple. Many complains about the removal of start button that helps navigate through Windows functionality, but the fact is there is start button hidden that helps you switch between desktop and start screen.
Anyway, I am not here to give you an overview on the new Windows 8, but rather a guide to get your system upgraded to the new Windows 8 without loosing your existing settings, personal files and apps. Users will be able to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium and Windows 7 Ultimate without losing existing files and setting. Follow the step by step guide below to get your system upgraded to the new Windows 8.
Step 1 .Prepare
1. Prepare your system for upgrade, go to Windows Update, Start -> all programs -> “Windows Update” and click it.
2. Check for the available update by clicking “Check for updates“.
3. Install updates for your system.
4. While updating, you may have to restart your system as some of the updates need it. Follow the instruction and restart computer and repeat previous steps to get all essential updates till there is no new important updates available.
Step 2. Install Windows 8
1. To upgrade, you need a Microsoft Windows 8 upgrade plan. To start upgrade process, you also need a DVD or BD reading device.
2. To start, insert your Windows 8 Installation Disc in your DVD or BD device, once the AutoPlay pops up click the “Run setup.exe” (you can get installation disc from Microsoft Windows 8 Upgrade Program or a direct purchase of the retail box package.).
3. Prepares Windows 8 Installation.
4. Once ready, you will be prompted to enter the product key. your product key can be found on your disc package (if not, contact your disc provider).
5. Accept the terms by checking “I accept the license terms” to continue.
6. Choose the upgrade option you prefer, and click “Next“. Please Don’t take out your Installation Disc from the DVD drive till the process is completed.
7. Windows checks whether your system is ready to upgrade.
8. Windows shows If any Microsoft program is not yet compatible with the Windows 8.
9. Uninstall the program and follow the Windows 8 setup instruction.
10. Based on your preference you choose, you may (not) be directed by the Windows to personalize setup.
11. Once the Windows 8 installed successfully, you will see the start screen.
Check out the video below for a quick overview of the Windows 8, that will help you start with new Windows 8 platform.