Windows Phone Marketplace hits 125,000 Apps
When it comes to Windows Phone devices, one of the main complaints was lack of apps, and it was the case before but no more. Yes Microsoft Windows Phone Marketplace is growing fast, faster than ever before. In a last few months, the company has achieved a lot in this department and certainly an impressive performance.
The Windows Phone Marketplace has now reached 125,000 applications, just after 2 years on the market. The company has proven that it is very serious and committed about whole Windows Phone things. Latest upgrade of its OS with Windows Phone 8 and growing Marketplace are expected to help boost Windows Phone market share.
When it comes to smartphones, availability of lots of applications are very important, it helps the growth of a platform in the market.
Here are some facts about the Windows Phone Marketplace :
- 126,530 apps were published to the Windows Phone Marketplace over the last 20 months;
- 113,170 apps are live (publicly listed as available for download, total across 60 countries);
- 101,517 apps are live in the US Marketplace;
- Windows Phone reached the 125,000 milestone faster than Android (26 months), but slower than iOS (18.5 months);
- 30,000 developers have published an app in the Marketplace;
- Proportion of quality apps (rated five or more times) stable in the UK at 7.8% (8% in May), increasing in the US at 13.8% (12% in May).