Lenovo launches Windows 8 ThinkPad X1 Carbon; full Specs and Price
The notebook is extremely thin compared to its kind out there and light too. The device weighs just 2.9 pounds and is 17.7 mm thick. The notebook is built of carbon fiber as its name suggests and touted to be lightest 14 inch notebook in the world. The notebook is also coming with interesting Rapid Charge that charge the battery 100% in an hour and offers up to nine hours of battery life that should be enough for a productive day on your system.
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 is built around Intel’s latest Core processor with Intel HD Graphics 5000 (GT3 ) or 4400 (GT2) and up to 8GB of RAM on board. The laptop has a 14 inch WQHD (2560×1440) IPS display with 10 point multi-touch or HD+ (1600×900) TN display and up to 512 GB SSD for faster booting and performance. The device also has 4G LTE support and will come with full Windows 8.1 on board.
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon also boasts innovative Adaptive Keyboard with more than 40 different functions and comes with Voice and gesture command which lets you easily switch between pages or presentation with hand gestures.
The ThinkPad X1 Carbon price starts at $1299 and the release date is set to late January.
- Processor Up to 4th gen Intel® Core
- Operating System Windows 8.1
- Display/Resolution 14-inch HD+ (1600×900) TN display; 250 nit 14-inch WQHD (2560×1440) IPS display with available 10-point multi-touch; 270/300 nits (touch/non-touch)
- Graphics Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400 (GT2) & 5000 (GT3)
- Memory Up to 8GB (on board)
- Storage Up to 512 GB SSD
- Audio Stereo Speakers with Dolby Digital Plus; HD Microphone
- 2 USB 3.0 (1 with AOU); 3.5mm Combo Jack (headphone/mic)
- Full-size HDMI; OneLink Docking; mDP;
- Native Ethernet via supplied cable
- Keyboard Backlit Adaptive Keyboard
- Bluetooth 4.0; 802.11ac; NFC; 4G + LTE WWAN
- 720p HD Camera
- Battery Up to 9 hours
- Weight Starting at under 2.9 pounds
- Dimension: 331 x 226 x 18.46 mm / 13.03 x 8.9 x .73 in, (Touch) Non-touch: 331 x 226.5 x 17.7mm