Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 gets Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update
Many Galaxy Note 3 7.0 users are impatiently waiting for Android KitKat update (SM-T217S), now it seems that Sprint‘s users are the luckiest of all. Samsung has finally started rolling out of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA update. The update is the major one for the tablet in question and brings major improvements and fixes along with KitKat.
The firmware is coming under the moniker of T217SVPUBNE7. The update will bring a lot of new features as well as some UI tweaks for Sprint’s Galaxy Tab 3. One of the major change is new and transparent navigation and status bar, re-sketched icons and lock screen which offers you a quick access to the camera.
According to the changelog, the major changes and improvements are as follows
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings – location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed
The update is pushed in stages but you may be impatient to wait for the update, so if you haven’t yet got the knock, you may check manually by going to Setting ->About Device -> Software Update. Make sure your battery is fully charged and you are connected to at least a WiFi network.