Amazon Fire Phone gets new Software Update, bringing host of new features
Owns a Fire phone?, then time to get your device updated to latest OS. Amazon has just released the update for its Amazon Fire Phone with several new features and improvements. The update is automated and you should get it when it is ready for your device, or try within your phone manually.
The software update has included several new features which include:
- Quick Switch feature, that lets you switch between apps or tasks or to close them and can be loaded just by double tapping the Home button.
- App Grid Collections, for creating folders of apps or content in the app grid
- Carousel Pinning which lets you pin your favorite apps to the front of the home carousel
- 11 Frame Lenticular Photos, you can now create lenticular photos using 11 images, that was before 3
- Added an enhanced Carousel E-mail feature, allowing users to delete emails directly from the home screen.
- Video Sharing, now share high resolution videos over MMS or email with the improved video sharing feature
- Improved battery life, the update is coming with a host of enhancements thus boosting the battery backup.
If you are manually checking for the download, make sure your software is not the latest Fire OS 3.5.1 (111009920). You can check your OS version by going to Settings -> Device -> Install system updates, and you should see the OS version there. If the OS hasn’t yet been updated to the latest one, just hit the Check Now from the same screen and the phone should be downloading the latest version.
You can also download the software update via your computer, to do that , follow the steps below
- First download the update to your computer, and then transfer it to Fire phone via USB cable.
- Make sure you unlock lock-screen of your device, to access the phone via computer.
- Open the Fire folder on he system and drop the downloaded software file into the Internal storage folder
- Disconnect the USB cable once the transfer is complete and swipe down the quick action panel.
- Tap Device and Install System Update, during the update, phone may be restarted several times
Have you already got your Fir Phone update?, feel free to drop your comments in the box below.