2nd Gen Motorola Moto X gets Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update in India and Australia
Motorola is taking Android 6.0 Marshmallow update further to its older devices. Now the company is updating the second generation Moto X (2014). If the reports are true, the update is now rolling out in India and Australia.
The update is 884MB in size and once the OS is updated the version will be changed to 24.11.18. The update brings all the Marshmallow goodies including Doze, Google Now on Tap, and redesigned app permissions. One of the major improvement once your device updated will be increased battery life as the Marshmallow Doze feature puts the device into a deep sleep state and on the othr hand the Google Now on Tap brings contextual search to your handset.
Android 6.0 update for second gen Australian Moto X comes as a surprise. Motorola only mentioned Latin America, Canada, Europe and Asia when the update was announced for the device. According to report, the device getting the update in Australia is a Telstra unit.
Before you begin updating your Moto X, it is advised to connect your device to a high-speed Wi-Fi network. It is also suggested that you keep your device plugged in to prevent sudden shutdown due to battery draining or you may make sure the battery is charged above 80%, 100% the better.
You might also like
- NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet K1 to get Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update soon
- LG G3 to get Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update very soon; releases Open Source Code
- Deal: Motorola Moto X Pure gets $100 Price Cut at Amazon; €70 off in Europe
- First Image of the 4th Gen Motorola Moto X leaks
- HTC One X9 poses for the camera in its full glory
- Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime launched in India; Specs and Price
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Release Date mid-March; to feature ‘lowlight’ Camera, Pressure-Sensitive Display and microSD Slot- WSJ