Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime launched in India; Specs and Price
Chinese mobile company Xiaomi has launched Redmi Note Prime in India. Redmi Note Prime is its second device completely built in India. The mid-end Android smartphone follows its usual design pattern with round corners and slim form factor with plastic casing.
In terms of specs, Redmi Note Prime is powered by a Snapdragon 410 SoC with quad-core 1.2GHz CPU and sports a 5.5-inch IPS display with 720p resolution. The smartphone carries 2GB of RAM that should offer moderate multitasking experience while 16GB of internal storage with microSD card slot to further expand the storing capacity.
For photography, the phone has 13MP camera with single LED flash and a 5MP front-facing camera for selfie maniacs while a 3,100mAh juicy battery powering all the functionality of the device. For connectivity, it supports 4G and dual-SIM.
The phone measures 154×78.7×9.4mm and weighs in at 185g. Unfortunately, the device falls behind when it comes to software and runs on Android 4.4 KitKat-based MIUI 7.
“With the launch of Redmi Note Prime, we are glad to provide our Mi Fans an opportunity to upgrade to an even more powerful smartphone with an expanded memory and dual-SIM capabilities,” said Manu Jain, Xiaomi’s India Head
Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime is priced at 8,499 (around $125) and is Amazon India exclusive at least for now. And those who are interested in this device can purchase one starting Dec 15th.
You might also like
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Release Date mid-March; to feature ‘lowlight’ Camera, Pressure-Sensitive Display and microSD Slot- WSJ
- Moto X Style started getting Android 6.0 Marshmallow update
- Microsoft Lumia 850 aka Honjo leaked in full rendered Image
- The Google Pixel C 2-in-1 Tablet hits the Play Store; pricing from $499
- MeegoPad T08 Windows mini PC has a built-in Projector