2016 Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon goes Skylake; Specs, Price and Release Date
Lenovo is upgrading its flagship ThunkPad X1 Carbon. The thin, light and tough business laptop will be offered with Intel’s 6th gen Skylake processor. The X1 Carbon is known for its thin and sturdy build with a carbon fiber reinforced case.
The 2016 X1 Carbon features the same a 14 inch display and up to 16GB of RAM. The ThinkPad X1 Carbin also supports an optional WiGig wireless docking station, optional 4G LTE-Advanced networking, and a ThinkPad keyboard with Lenovo’s TrackPoint system.
The laptop will be offered with Core i5 and Core i7 Skylake chips, and optional 1080p or 2560 x 1440 pixel displays. The notebook price starts $1299 and the release date is set to February 2016. However, customers won’t be bale to get a touchscreen version of the 2016 model.
The new model with 2.6 pounds of weight is also lighter than its predecessor and measures about 0.65 inches thick.
The company says X1 Carbon 2016 can withstand temperatures as cold as -4 degrees Fahrenheit or as hot as 140 degrees.
You might also like
- Samsung launches NT900X3L, NT900X5L & NT900X3K Ultrabook Series with Skylake Processors
- Lenovo ThinkaPad Yoga 14 launched; Specs and Price
- Acer unveils Aspire R 13 and R 14 Convertible Laptops; price starts at $599
- Acer Aspire Switch 12 S 2-in-1 Tablet with 4K Display announced; Specs and Price
- LG unveils SmartThingQ Hub; access all your Smart Products or use it as a Wireless Speaker