CTL J5 is a rugged convertible Chromebook; offers 10 hours of Battery life
Chromebook, it is a thing now and has really grabbed a share of computer market. CTL is one of the major Chrombook makers and have already released several models aimed at students and education market. The company has announced a new model named CTL J5 and comes with 360 degree hinge like many convertible PCs out there, which lets you use the device as a laptop or tablet.
360 hinge is not the only selling point of the J5. The Chromebook is also rugged and comes with a splashproof keyboard and a chassis and can withstand drops, which is not a surprise as the company’s main target is education market.
In terms of specs, the CTL J5 is powered by a Braswell N3050 processor and 4GB of RAM. The laptop sports 11.6-inch IPS panel with 5-point touch input and will be offered with an optional stylus which can be useful for students who want to scribble on the screen instead of typing.
The model only has 16GB of internal storage, however, you may expand the storage via microSD card slot. The device also has a pair of USB 3.0 ports, and HDMI output, and an HD webcam.
Thanks to the battery which the company claims can run the device around 10 hours without interruption but that doesn’t mean you can stream videos and play games and will still get the 10 hours of battery life.
The Chromebook priced at $249 is now available for pre-order on CTL’s website while shipping date and release date are still a mystery.
You might also like
- CTL launches SB4 Education Chromebook and Windows 10 EG2 Rugged Flip 360 Tablet; Specs and Price
- Samsung unveils Chromebook 3 with 11 hours of Battery and Metal Body
- HP Chromebook 14-x050nr Touch goes on Sale; pricing $440
- Acer to release CB5-311P Chromebook with NVIDIA CPU, offers 13 hours of battery life
- New Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series Budget Windows 10 laptop goes on Sale; pricing $200